Change or extend Visa

The form I-539, issued by the U.S Department of Homeland Security, is used for the nonimmigrant to request their extensions of stay at the United States. It can also be used for changing your nonimmigrant status from one category to another category. The nonimmigrant status implies to the people who are to stay in the U.S. on a temporary basis. This holds true for tourists, students, business people, or people who are seeking work in the United States on a temporary basis. If a person has been granted the nonimmigrant status for a particular reason, they are restricted to the reason for which they were allowed to enter the country. It is to be noted that you can enter the U.S with only one category of nonimmigrant status at a given time. This is the same even for the nonimmigrant who have two or more visas in their passport. The nonimmigrant visas are applicable only to those people who intend to return to their home country once they are done with the particular purpose they entered the United States for. Following are the groups of people who can apply for form I-539:
  • If you are an F or M student, this form can be for extending your stay in the United States; or to change the status as a nonimmigrant.
  • K-3 and K-4 nonimmigrant’s can also apply for this form for the purpose of extension of their stay in the United States.
  • It can also be used by CNMI residents who intend to apply for an initial grant of the status
  • The nonimmigrant’s who want the V nonimmigrant status or want an extension for their stay
Another purpose of the form is to allow you to become a student at a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). SEVP is an organization that manages the student and exchange info system for the nonimmigrant students. In this case, the form enables you to directly change your status to F or M, thus allowing you to study at an SEVP-certified school. This is specifically useful for B-1 and B-2 visitors who seek study opportunities in the country. For this purpose, they can sign the form and can change their status to F-1. The change of status is necessary for these nonimmigrants to be a part of the academic year of the institution.

How to apply for Form I-539:                                    

Our step-by-step guide to successfully filing your I-539 below is as follows.
  • In the first part of the form, you have to list your personal information. This comprises of your name, address, home country, and identifying numbers that you have previously used for applying visas or immigrant papers.
  • The part two comprises of application type. This allows you to choose the extension of visa, change of status, or reinstatement to student status. It also asks if there are one or multiple individuals applying for the visa extension.
  •  The next part is the processing information, which asks about how long you intend to extend your visa.
  • The part four asks about some extra information that our dedicated professionals will guide you through.
  • The part five is used for certification of the form.
  • If you mentioned in part five that you need an interpreter for the English language, you need to provide the interpreter’s information in part six.
  • The part seven of the form asks for information if more than one applicant is applying for the visa extension.
Our team will guide you through all the steps and will ensure that your form I-539 is successfully submitted in order to avoid its denial. These services are provided at a rate of $175 and guaranty to make your visa extension process simple and easy.